According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 25% of adults over 65 have no remaining teeth. Many of them choose dentures. But dental implants from Artistry in Dentistry in Gilbert AZ are a state-of-the-art alternative.
Problems With Dentures
- Conventional dentures usually fit properly at first, but the mouth changes as you age. Normal wear and tear takes a toll. Eventually, the dentures will need to be relined or replaced.
- Ill-fitting dentures can aggravate gums and cause inflammation. Inflammation can result in additional health issues.
- Dentures can change a person’s bite, which impacts the jaw joint. This, in turn, can lead to pain in the face, neck, and head.
- Dentures trap food debris. This can result in gum disease.
- Missing teeth eventually result in bone loss. When the jaw no longer has tooth roots, it shrinks and recedes.
With dental implants you can avoid these health issues. They consist of titanium posts that are inserted into your jaw.
The post gradually fuses with the bone to provide a solid base of support, much like a natural tooth root. One implant can support one artificial tooth, and several can support dentures.
Implant-supported dentures from Artistry in Dentistry in Gilbert AZ may be the best investment you ever make. We have placed them in patients from Gilbert, Superior, Gold Canyon, Mesa, and Apache Junction. People also come to us for our full range of general and cosmetic dentistry services. Contact us today!