We treat all of our patients royally here at Artistry in Dentistry in Gilbert AZ, but some of them receive actual crowns. Not what a king or queen wears, of course, but crowns for their teeth!
Crowns are sometimes called caps, and they’re placed over a tooth to restore its shape and strength, and to improve its overall appearance. They are useful for a many problems. They can:
- Protect a weak tooth from decay, breaking, or to hold together a cracked tooth
- Cover and provide durability to a tooth with a large filling and little tooth structure remaining
- Restore a broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down
- Improve a tooth that is too small or misshapen
- Cover a tooth with acute discoloration
- Strengthen a tooth following a root canal procedure
There are different kinds of crowns that serve different purposes. We carry out an extensive examination to ensure the crown you get is perfect for you and your smile.
Once they are placed, crowns can last many years. They are great way to guard and enhance your smile. At Artistry in Dentistry in Gilbert AZ, dental crowns are among our restorative dentistry procedures. Patients from Gilbert, Superior, Gold Canyon, Mesa, and Apache Junction also come to us for a full range of general dentistry. Contact us today!