Your dental health is important throughout your life. If you begin at a young age to take care of your teeth, they can remain strong for the rest of your life. Listed below are important facts regarding aging and dental health:
– Always brush your teeth with a toothbrush that comes with soft bristles.
– Make sure to attend your professional cleanings twice yearly with your dentist, and if you have any other issues, schedule regular checkups to ensure your oral health remains in excellent care.
– All teeth and teeth alternatives should be cleaned, including any dental work you may have had done, including soaking your dentures in a cleaning solution each night.
– Sidestep hard and tough foods that can easily chip and crack your teeth.
– Always floss your teeth at least once per day for 2-3 minutes per session, reaching and flossing between every tooth, including the back teeth.
– The best type of floss is characteristically shred-resistant floss that will not shred when you use it.
– Unhealthy habits such as chewing tobacco, smoking, and using drugs can all have serious consequences on your oral health, which only get worse with age.
– Make sure to brush your teeth at least twice every single day for 2-3 minutes per session.
– If manual brushing proves too difficult for you, change to brushing with an electric brush.
Don’t delay in visiting our team at Artistry in Dentistry to check if you are suffering from poor oral hygiene. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Sheldon Sullivan and our team at our dentist office in Gilbert, Arizona, please call us at 480-507-1993. The perfect smile of your dreams is only a visit away!