Very few people have naturally straight teeth. Traditionally, metal braces have been used to correct crooked teeth. While this method of straightening is certainly successful and gets the job done, it’s quite painful and cumbersome.
At Artistry in Dentistry, we offer another method for straightening teeth without the hassle and pain and discomfort often seen with metal braces. It’s called the Invisalign system.
How Does the Invisalign System Work?
Invisalign clear aligners get the job of straightening crooked teeth done just as successfully as metal braces. They just do it without metal brackets attached to teeth and wires pulling everything tight.
The Invisalign system uses a set of clear aligners made of virtually invisible plastic designed to fit perfectly over your unique teeth while gradually straightening them. They set the standard among alternatives to braces for adults.
Benefits of Invisalign Clear Aligners
We’re excited to see your teeth get straighter with Invisalign clear aligners! We’re excited to see the new confidence you can have after resolving crooked teeth, an underbite, or other problems. We want to see you grinning for photos, going to more special events, and eating your favorite foods.
We’ve noticed our patients smiling so much more after we straighten their teeth and even during the process. They have new hope almost from the beginning, especially when they were not sure if they could ever have braces before.
Plus, having straighter teeth and a corrected bite can protect your teeth for the long-term. They won’t wear out as quickly after we align them. This isn’t just about cosmetics. At Artistry in Dentistry, we want to protect and enhance your dental and overall health in every way possible.
Some of the benefits you’ll see when you choose Invisalign aligners include:
- Better Oral Hygiene: You can remove Invisalign retainers at will, making it easy to brush and floss your teeth. With traditional braces, you have to clean around the braces as best you can. With the Invisalign system, you’ll be able to keep your teeth cleaner and healthier.
- Discrete Appearance: Clear braces are not noticeably visible. You can wear your retainers out and about with little to no worry about how you look like you might with traditional metal braces.
- Freedom on Dietary Choices: Your diet is restricted with metal braces because you don’t want to trap certain types of foods in your mouth that could lead to disease and decay. You can take your braces off with Invisalign, eat whatever you want, then put them back in.
- Comfort: Invisalign clear aligner trays are made to avoid causing irritation to the soft tissues of the mouth.
Is the Invisalign System Right for Me?
The ability to straighten teeth has existed for decades. But Invisalign clear aligners let us straighten adult and teen teeth in a new way. Many patients prefer Invisalign aligner trays if they want to avoid metal wires and brackets. Or they might need their adult braces to be hidden because of job duties or social obligations.
Plus, an Invisalign treatment can generally be completed more quickly than traditional braces.
Invisalign aligners can resolve crowded teeth, overbites, underbites, crossbites, crooked teeth, gaps, and other conditions treated by orthodontics. If you have any of these dental challenges—or you really want or need some of the other benefits of an Invisalign treatment—this could be the solution for you.
During an Invisalign consultation, your dentist will be able to determine if the Invisalign system is a good fit for your needs. Not every orthodontic condition responds well to Invisalign aligners, but many do.
Invisalign With Artistry in Dentistry
Contact us today with any questions about Invisalign clear braces. Or call to set up an appointment or consultation for your own set of Invisalign clear aligners. We’re looking forward to helping you get started on a straighter smile!
Very few people are born with naturally straight teeth. Everyone’s unique genetic makeup influences the shape, size, and spacing of their teeth, to such an extent that issues can arise. When teeth are crooked and crowded, there is a higher chance of bacteria accumulating in the areas cleaning tools can’t reach. This can lead to disease and decay that can cause tooth loss.
Metal braces were invented to combat this problem by straightening teeth. And while metal braces have been effective and continue to be, there is another solution on the market that is much preferred by our practice: Invisalign invisible braces!
What Are Invisalign Clear Braces?
The Invisalign system is the “invisible” plastic aligner alternative to traditional metal braces. Fitted perfectly to your unique smile, Invisalign orthodontic aligners are designed to be swapped out every so often as they gradually align your teeth.
Benefits of Invisalign Clear Braces
Traditional metal braces are effective but come with downsides. You can avoid the painful wires, the uncomfortable metal brackets, and the inconvenience of having to avoid certain foods by choosing Invisalign treatment. Some of the benefits of these clear plastic aligners include:
- Saves Time: Invisalign clear braces generally take less time to straighten teeth than metal braces.
- Invisible: You won’t have to worry about smiling or talking and having people see a mouth full of metal.
- Removeable: You can take your Invisalign aligners out for short periods of time to eat, brush your teeth, play an instrument, or even participate better in a sporting event. Something you could never enjoy with metal braces.
- No Dietary Restrictions: Enjoy all the restricted foods you can’t eat with braces on. Invisalign aligners can and should be removed whenever you eat.
- Comfortable: There’s a lot of pain and discomfort associated with metal braces. The wires and brackets can cause bleeding and chafing. You won’t experience that kind of pain with Invisalign aligners.
- Improved Cleanliness: It’s incredibly difficult to keep teeth clean when you have metal braces stuck in the way. You can take off your Invisalign invisible aligners each time you brush your teeth to better maintain a clean, healthy smile throughout treatment.
Ask Us About Invisalign Clear Braces with Artistry In Dentistry Sheldon Sullivan, DDS
Artistry In Dentistry Sheldon Sullivan, DDS is pleased to offer Invisalign clear aligners to our patients. Contact us today to schedule an appointment to get started on your teeth straightening journey!